Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Letting Go

From the very beginning of this journey, the hardest part for me has been letting go of the treasured people in my life - just the thought leaves my heart broken.  The people in my life are all like flowers in a garden and I have a beautiful garden!  I am so blessed to have each and every one of you. I might not see you every day or even every year but you are part of my life and I love you!  For whatever reason, leaving the country feels like leaving my garden.  I won't be able to just pick up the phone and call you or get in my car and come see you or see you at church on Sunday.  I know I will miss you and that breaks my heart every day. I'm not a big social person and I'm not one to get energy from being around people but there is something about being in someone's presence that Facebook and e-mail can never replace. 
So, I am going to be leaving you all and that just stinks.  There will be a void that can never be filled where I am going.  It's not like moving to Texas and making new friends. Yes, we will meet new people but crossing cultures and languages will not make that easy and it won't ever be the same.  Just like letting go of stuff, God has met me here and poured out His grace but this part is not as easy and painless.  I know once we get to the other side of this journey it will get easier and when I get to hold lots of babies and love on lots of kids it will all be so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the thoughts Holly and I can assure you with time it will get easier. We remember those same feelings and at times they come rushing back, but God is faithful! Plus, you'll have my new baby to hold whenever you want!!!

    ReplyDelete